Sunday, July 31, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
My blog post this meeting is short, primarily because we didn’t conduct an experiment.
Anyway, this meeting was dedicated solely for reviewing the coverage of our long exam (which by now is already two days past). Needless to say, the review was very useful and informative. Some selected items in our problem sets were answered live by sir, which made me go “ah” a few times because of the fact that some items were easier watching being answered than answering them myself. Sir was also kind enough to provide a copy of the answers to us. Thanks Sir! ^_^
Some thoughts on the exam:
ü The exam was excruciatingly HARD. (I don’t know if others had a hard time as well)
ü I think I failed the exam.
ü I hope the checker is generous in giving partial scores.
I guess I’m not really cut out to be someone great at electromagnetism. One exam down, three more to go. I hope I don’t fail the other exams.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
- dissected a capacitor (which was quite difficult)
- measured the capacitor's capacitance (with the ever-powerful multimeter)
- measured the capacitance for series and parallel combinations
- made an experiment that proved the equation Q=CV
- energized a capacitor and connected it to a voltmeter that was connected to a computer and by using labpro (which was cool), graphed the time vs voltage plot