Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The First Meeting

November 12, 8:30-10:30, NIP room 108

The distribution of the syllabus and the diagnostic exam were the activities of the first ever Physics 101.1 meeting. More importantly, it was the first time that I chanced a glance upon my fellow classmates and the class instructor, Sir Aleo Pacho.

When I think about Lab classes, I can’t help but recall my High School days. Lab classes were fun, yet were something I didn’t think I excelled in. But right now, I am invigorated to excel, primarily because this is a different ball game- this is a lot more serious. A UP lab class is ought to be taken more seriously than a normal HS lab class.

When I entered the room with my friend Mac, what caught my eye almost immediately was the instructor. He did not look like a conventional instructor, due to the fact that he had really really long hair. I admit that I was intimidated at first, but it was only for a short while. When he started talking and explaining stuff, I realized that he was a cool guy, and a really good instructor.

The diagnostic exam was easy, but there was one part that confused me. It was something like ‘draw the scatterplot’ of a given set of data. I, then, recalled my Microsoft Excel. There was a certain graph in Excel called ‘scatter’-something that entailed that the given data was ‘scattered’ yet exhibited a pattern. And so, I scattered the data given to me. After the exam, I realized that what was only asked was a simple line graph, and I laughed at my apparent idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment